How We Solve Destin Wildlife Problems
It starts with your phone call. We answer our phones 24/7, and we will carefully listen to your wildlife problem. Every case is different, so we will ask appropriate questions to help
us understand the situation better. Questions like, "do you hear the noises at night or during the daytime?" or "what type of roof do you have?" After we have a general idea of your
situation, we can provide a ballpark price range, and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment to inspect your property.
INSPECTION: Once on site, we will perform a full inspection of your home and property. This allows us to use the correct strategy and
traps. If the animals are in an attic, a full building inspection is crucial, including the following:
- All ground-level areas, such as piper or A/C line entry & exit areas, A/C chase bottoms, ground-level vents, etc.
- All mid-level areas, such as dryer vents, siding gaps, first floor eaves or dormers, etc.
- We inspect the entire roof, including all plumbing stacks, ridge caps, vents, and other potential gaps or holes.
- We also inspect inside your attic, to identify animals and damage they have caused.
- If the animals are outside, we notice many subtle clues that will assist us in a successful strategy.
TRAPPING, EXCLUSION, REMOVAL: Once we understand what animal species we are dealing with, and the problem, we use the most effective means of removing the animals. We use dozens of different types of traps.
- Trapping - If trapping the animal(s) in live cage traps, trap type, set, and location are crucial to success.
- Exclusion - Oftentimes, we are able to simply set one-way doors or other exclusion devices that allow the animals inside a building to safely exit, but never get back inside.
- Removal By Hand - Sometimes we actually remove animals by hand, or with special tools like snare poles.
- The Law - In all cases, we obey state and local laws regarding wildlife, but aim to take the most humane approach.
ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS: Repairs are a crucial step in the wildlife removal process. In many cases, such as bat or rodent control, the job cannot be performed without detailed repairs, and in
all cases, sealing the entry holes shut ensures that no future wildlife will ever enter your home.
- 100% of the entry holes must be found, and sealed shut, or the job is not complete.
- Our repairs are professional contractor grade, look good, and when applicable we use steel, which rodents such as rats or squirrels are unable to chew through.
- We give a written guarantee on our repairs against any future animal entry.
ATTIC DECONTAMINATION SERVICES: It may be desirable to clean your attic after we've removed the animals. They can leave behind large amounts of droppings,
urine, hair, oils, food, nesting material, and so on. These remnants can attract insects like cockroaches, and the scent left behind can encourage new animals to chew their way into your
house. You might experience odor problems from the waste. It's possible that mold will grow on waste areas.
- We remove or vacuum all droppings, or remove all the soiled insulation.
- We fog the attic with a special enzyme-based cleaner that destroys any organic matter and deodorizes the space.
- We repair damage, such as ductwork, electrical wires, pipes, insulation, and more.
The above are just a brief explanation of some of our methods. I haven't even addressed the hundreds of other potential cases that we deal with, from bat exclusions, to poison-free rodent control, to dead animal removal, bird roosting
prevention, mole trapping in a yard, ground-based exclusion barriers around a shed, etc. etc. Just give us a call any time, and we can describe in detail how we will resolve your specific wildlife problem.
Need an effective rodent control company? Would you prefer to hire one that doesn’t use poison? We’re the right guys (and girls) for this job - we’re one of the most effective, and humane, rodent removal services in your area. We like to get to the heart of the matter too - inspecting your home with a 32-point system, designed to find entrance holes that we can seal up. That’s once we’ve used exclusion devices to gently persuade the rodents, and other mammals, to evacuate your property. Once the holes are sealed, the problem can’t return - there’s no way for rodents, or other wildlife, to get back in. We pride ourselves on the humane job we do, not using harmful traps or poisons in the process, and also on the professional-grade sealant and repair jobs we do. Did we mention that we can repair any damage caused to your home by the wild animal? That often includes chewed electrical wiring and replacement of attic insulation. We’ll clean up after ourselves, and the wild animal that has been inside your property, taking away the disease threat and disposing of all manner in the appropriate ways. In short, we’ll take care of the full job for you, from start to finish, and all for a competitive price too. Get in touch for your free quote today.
We service Covington County, Walton County, Santa Rosa County, Escambia County, and more.
We also service Crestview
, Fort Walton Beach
Laurel Hill, Mary Esther, Niceville, Valparaiso, Cinco Bayou, Shalimar, Englin AFB, Lake Lorraine,
Ocean City, Wright
, Baker, Escambia Farms, Seminole, Blackman,
Florosa, Svea, Bluewater Bay, Garden City, Timpoochee, Campton, and more.
To learn more about our services, visit the Destin wildlife control
This month's wildlife how-to article: How to use one-way exclusion funnels to remove mice without trapping them
One-way exclusion funnels are traps that are designed in a manner that only allows exit but on the other hand prevents entry. This means that mice that may have already infested into one’s premises can easily exit through the exclusion funnels but the same are restricted from entering back into their dens using that same opening. The one-way exclusion funnel is considered effective when it comes to getting rid of mice without even having to trap or even killing them.
Major features of the one-way exclusion funnel
Below is a list of some distinguished features of the one-way exclusion funnel;
• The one-way funnel has only one opening that allows exit of mice. This opening only allows mice to get out from their dens in the premises but on the other hand prevents them from entering back through the same opening.
• This funnel is designed in such a way that it has steal covering that makes it long lasting and this ensures that it offers service for a long period of time.
Steps followed while using one-way exclusion funnel
Below are some of the steps recommended while using the exclusion funnel to get rid of mice;
• A thorough inspection should first be done in areas prone to mice infestation so that to identify openings that may be used by the mice to access the premises regularly.
• Mice are known to use different holes for passage into and out of human premises. One should ensure that most of these openings are sealed off apart from that one main entry point of which should be used for inserting the one-way exclusion funnel.
• Steel seals should be used in order to ensure that the mice do not end up drilling back open the drills into the premises.
• One must not interrupt the mice as they force their way out through the funnels. This is to ensure that the mice do not get hurt as they try to force their way backwards.
There are various humane ways and methods of getting rid of mice without having to trap, harm or kill them. The one-way exclusion method however remains to be the most effective and recommended method of getting rid of mice without having to stress one’s self on where to take the trapped mice. It is hence recommended to adopt this method.